Happy December 1st! With only one month left of 2020, the holiday season is in full swing. Here are five tips to keep your home and family safe during this special time of year.
- Each year, U.S. fire departments respond to nearly 1,000 fires started by holiday decorations. Make sure your Christmas tree is well watered so that it doesn’t dry out and become a fire hazard. Keep candles away from the tree and other flammable materials, and unplug indoor lights each time you leave the house and go to bed.
- Going out of town? Don’t post about it on social media, even if your profiles are set to private! This is a great way to tip-off burglars that your house is empty.
- Install a Skybell video doorbell to prevent porch pirates from stealing valuable deliveries!
- Find yourself doing more online shopping than ever? Keep your money safe by setting up banking alerts and check credit card statements often for fraudulent activity.
- The holidays are a popular time for break-ins. Make sure your doors and windows are locked at all times, and to further protect yourself, install an actively monitored alarm system that can dispatch police if need be.
Thank you so much for the gift of your business. Happy Holidays from our family to yours!